Balloon Shine™, HI-SHINE, Megashine, and, Balloon Glow are liquids applied to a latex balloon that will help it from oxidizing (lose its shine) for up to 10 times longer than a latex balloon not treated.
How to Apply Shine
- Place a drop cloth in the work area so the overspray of the shine doesn't stain furniture, carpet, clothing, or make floors slippery. If overspray occurs, immediately clean with soap and water.
- Press the unlock button on the side of the sprayer to unlock the sprayer trigger.
- Spray a fine mist over an inflated latex balloon. Add enough shine to cover the entire surface, but not so much that the shine runs off the balloon.
- Do not rub the balloons to spread the shine (unless you are using Balloon Shine). It will spread to cover the balloon naturally.
- It is okay if the shine is not covering every area of the balloon immediately after spraying. The shine will naturally spread to cover the entire surface of the balloon in a few hours.
- When first applied, the shine can have a wet, milky white appearance. Shine will dry in about an hour to leave a clear, shiny coating. When dried, the shine coating will feel slightly oily to the touch. Megashine sprays as a fine mist.
Warning: Although these are non-hazardous and non-flammable products, only use them according to the directions above and only use them on latex balloons. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with skin and eyes; wear protective eyewear and gloves when spraying product. Avoid breathing vapors or mist; use adequate ventilation. EYE CONTACT: Flush with water for several minutes. SKIN CONTACT: Wash the area with soap and water. INGESTION: If swallowed do not induce vomiting. INHALATION: remove to fresh air. If eyes, skin, or inhalation symptoms persist, seek medical attention. Use within the stated shelf life and do not freeze the product.
Treating balloons with HI-FLOAT® and
- Begin by treating the balloon with HI-FLOAT. See the article How to Apply HI-FLOAT
- Inflate the latex balloon with helium.
- Tie the balloon and attach your ribbon. Don't forget to secure the balloon to a weight.
- Once the Hi-Float dries*, apply the balloon shine by following steps 1-4 listed above.
Please Note: It is important to let the Hi-Float dry before applying shine. The liquid in the balloon needs time to evaporate in order to create the seal inside. If you apply the shine before the Hi-Float evaporates you will not get quality results.
If Hi-Float is being used in a humid environment then you should wait for 3 to 4 hours before applying shine or Hi-Float. If you are in a temperature-controlled environment– then wait for 1 to 2 hours before applying. It is recommended not to use balloons in direct sunlight because it will damage and reduce the float time of your balloons.
*Do not use HI-FLOAT® products or shine products on Bubbles, or latex balloons inside of Bubble Balloons.
Please click the link below to check out our live-stream video about Shine. It is toward the end of the video.
Please watch the following video for more instructions on how to apply shine to a balloon.