Tips for inflating a 12-inch Heart-Shaped Latex Balloon
- Inflating with helium– gently press down in the middle of the lobes to help mould a more distinct heart shape. This will prevent the balloon from inflating into a round shape.
- Inflating with air– pull the neck of the balloon all the way down the nozzle to avoid inflating the neck. Inflating the neck of a heart-shaped balloon results in an elongated neck. There will be very little room to tie a knot if this happens.
- Tie the knot as high up on the neck as possible which will help maintain its heart shape.
- Push air from every pump into the lobes, to give it a more defined heart-shaped look.
- Over inflating a heart-shaped balloon causes the base or tip of the heart to inflate making it lose its distinct shape.
- Always fully inflate balloons with air first and then deflate them. This stretches out the balloon so it can be inflated even larger the second time.