A cake board is commonly used by decorators or event planners as a base when building a column. A simple trick used by many balloon decorators is to cover the cake board with a latex or foil balloon. It is a great way to recycle used latex and foil balloons.
How to Cover a Cake Board With a Latex Balloon
- Cake Board
- A foil balloon that is bigger than the board
- Balloon Bond
- Begin by cutting the balloon in half along the seam, because only one side will be needed.
- Tape pieces of balloon bond around the circumference of the board. Do not peel the second side of the tape yet.
- Lay the foil balloon down flat in the center of the inner part of the foil balloon (the side with no tape).
- Now peel off the second side of Balloon Bond tape.
- Stretch the ends of the foil balloon onto the cake board with the adhesive. Cut off any excess foil.
- Press down firmly so all the foil is firmly attached and so the board can lay flat.
- Use prints that compliment your balloon design.
- If you do not have Balloon Bond, use any strong adhesive.
- Hand pumps and Balloon Bond can both be purchased from our website