Disclaimer: Bargain Balloons is a wholesale distributor of balloons and balloon accessories, however, we are not a professional balloon decorating company.
Organic balloon designs have become a popular trend with decorators over the years. The organic style refers to the look of the design and not to the structure itself. You can make garlands, arches, columns, trees, hearts, centerpieces, and giant rings for pillars along with other structures using the organic balloon method.
It may look difficult and can be time-consuming for a beginner, but it’s easier than it looks. Plan ahead, give yourself enough time, get a few helping hands, and a unique design will come together quickly. In order to make any type of structure, you will need a list of the basic materials and some tips on how to make an organic balloon design.
Tips: There are a few components and things you need to know in order to create a stunning organic balloon arch.
- It is important to understand that you can never make an organic balloon structure look the exact same as a photo on social media. Unfortunately, many images online are manipulated using Photoshop or filters– making the design or colors look different than in person. Every organic structure is unique. Be creative and make the design your own. The structure should be fluid and not symmetrical.
- Use several different shades and tones of colors that complement each other. Or get creative and make your own shades by double stuffing. Use a stick with a dull end to slide one balloon into another to make custom colors and/or to appear more opaque. This technique is called double stuffing. Please see Double Stuffing Latex from Qualatex to learn which balloon colors to double stuff to get different colors.
- Choosing the right sizes of latex balloons is important.
- The color of a balloon will change shades as it becomes inflated. When under-inflated, the balloon will appear darker– so if you want the colors to be the same you must fully inflate the balloons to the same size. If you are looking for a variety of shades, then experiment with under-inflated balloons and fully inflated balloons to get a range of colors.
- Add flowers, plants, foil balloons, or other non-balloon items to your structure for extra flair.
- Qualatex is the best brand for all your decorating needs. It has the lowest average of defective balloons per bag and the largest selection of sizes and solid colors. The colors match from size to size much better than value lines. However, our value lines– Decomex and Kalisan are of comparable quality.
- If you prefer a rounder-shaped balloon for an organic balloon design– blow up the balloon to its full size and then let out 25% of the air, so the latex is stretched– you can now push or mold the balloon into a rounder shape. Tie the balloon further up the neck.
Latex balloons are available in a variety of colors that differs from manufacturer to manufacturer. The most common latex balloon finishes are:
- Standard/Fashion: Opaque, letting little light through the balloon.
- Crystal/Jewel: Semi-transparent, light travels through the balloon and you may see outlines of objects through the balloon.
- Pearl/Metallic: Have a glitter look and sparkle in the light. Depending on how the light hits or reflects off the balloon changes how it may look.
- Chrome/Mirror: These balloons have a rich, reflective solid color that has a metallic shine.
Solid Color Latex Balloons
Many decorators use Qualatex latex balloons to make organic art, but to save money our value lines are a good option. This list is not a full list since we do sell other brands as well, but the links will take you to our most popular brands. If you have any trouble finding what you are looking for, please feel free to open a support ticket.
Qualatex, Gemar, Tuff-Tex, Kalisan, and Decomex are our most popular latex balloons. Kalisan and Decomex balloons are a higher-end discount brand meant to save you money for birthday parties and giveaways. For high-end decorating– the Qualatex brand is suggested for their product consistency, color selection, and float times.
For those doing decorating for clients, we will often recommend Qualatex, however, for those using the balloons for less important events and giveaways Kalisan and Decomex brands is extremely popular because they offer a quality product at a much lower price than Qualatex.
Below are links to our most popular latex balloons.
Materials Needed for Organic Balloon Design
- Various sizes and colors of balloons
- You will need one of the following to build your structure on and fasten to:
- Other non-balloon accents such as flowers or feathers (Optional)
Shop Qualatex Balloons (Please scroll past the first few items to see all Qualatex solid color latex balloons)