This organic hot air balloon design is perfect for any themed event such as baby showers, weddings, children's parties, New Year's parties, and much more. A hot air balloon uses an air-filled either a 24-inch latex or 36-inch latex balloon as the center and other various sizes of latex balloons which are glued onto the larger latex balloon until it is no longer visible.
- One 24-inch or 36-inch white or clear balloon
- A variety of different-sized latex balloons
- 4 poles
- A cardboard box or a bin
- Wrapping paper
- Hot glue gun
- Gorilla Glue, E6000 Glue, or a very strong super glue
- Air-fill a 24-inch or 36-inch latex balloon and hang it from a stand or ceiling if possible. If it is not possible, the balloon can just be placed on the floor.
- Air-fill your latex balloons to a variety of sizes and tie them into pairs.
- Using a low-temperature glue gun, attach pairs onto the entirety of the larger latex balloon. Make sure both the top and the bottom are covered.
- Using smaller inflated balloons, approximately 5 inches, fill the gaps until you can no longer see the larger balloon from step 1 and set them aside.
- Adhere four balloon sticks to the corners of a topless box using a strong adhesive such as Gorilla Glue. The glue should be placed along the side of the broom that is going to be attached to the box, as well as at the bottom of the broomstick.
- If you are using a cardboard box, make sure that the wings are removed and that the box has been wrapped in decorative paper.
- Add accent decor as desired.
- Place the hot air balloon on top of the poles so that it sits firmly.
Follow Bargain Balloons on social media for information, updates, tips, DIY ideas, and much more!